Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Back to the NAC and an Anniversary

Today I have regained much confidence and excitement for my thru-hike. Yesterday marked one week since my surgery, and I'm feeling remarkably well. After a week of feeling bloated and sore, it was nice to be back at my gym - the Newtown Athletic Club, or NAC. Although I must say that I felt a little silly walking on the treadmill and at a leisurely 1.5 mph.  Nevertheless, it was nice to see all my gym friends and to be active once again. I seemed to regain much confidence and excitement for my thru-hike.

The plan is to take it easy for a few weeks, for I don't want to push myself too hard before my follow-up visit with my doc in one week. I have but one chance to recover properly and I don't want to blow it by overexerting myself early on. Even though I didn't sweat even a little bit, my one hour walk was effective in loosening up stiff muscles and scar tissue.

Today I was further excited to learn that the Appalachian Trail will celebrate its 75th anniversary on August 14th. According to my master plan, I should be in Maine, just about to finish when the milestone is reached.  (Incidentally, the National Park Service turns 100 on August 25, 2016.  I hope I'm done with my thru by then!)

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

1 comment:

  1. Making cookies salmon allows you the ability slower also indistinctly beef
    roasts your current bass, fusing multiple likes as
    well as , natural ingredients with him or her. Dispose of the dessert bed sheet in the
    heater and put persons at the line slab to cool down the. I think this
    valuable small amount of garmin gps watch is a really welcome boost on your location.

    Such a oven also user is the platform for the serious
    abode entertainer and therefore caterer who would like to deliver something else entirely as well as the appealing in which
    to ones own those attending.

    Here is my homepage: convection oven vs conventional oven price

    ReplyDelete