Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Going Under the Knife

I had my surgical consult today with Dr. Garvey Choi. He confirmed that I definitely have one (and possibly two) hernias. Garvey was great. he was personable, answered all my questions, and alleviated my concerns about laproscopic surgery. This kind of surgery will reduce my recovery time, and because the mesh is inserted between the small intestine and facia, the repair will be super strong.

Additionally, his office staff was exceedingly helpful, friendly and supportive. They were able to schedule my abdominal surgery for this coming Monday. While there is never a good time to be operated on, I am pleased that I will have eight weeks to recover, and will have time to exercise at 100% capacity a few weeks prior to my AT adventure.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

2 comments:

  1. How did it go? Are you recovering well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking, Judy! The surgery went very well (two hernias were repaired) and my recovery is amazing. Every hour is better than the previous one. If you want the full details, I've added a post. Thanks for thinking of me! Do you think you guys will be on the Trail in March?

      Delete