Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Into the Smokies and Radio Silence

Just a little note to let everyone know that for the next six or seven days I will be in the Great Smokey Mountains National Park (GSMNP). Only one road crosses the park and I won't have access to electrical power, so I'm going to have to conserve my phone's battery as much as possible and won't be updating my map our blog for a while. When I emerge from the north end, I'll send out many updates, much like I did this morning.


I've never hiked in the Smokies and I'm excited to see such cool things as the Shuckstack Fire Tower, Clingmans Dome, and Charlie's Bunion. You all take care!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

3 comments:

  1. We can not wait for you to post again! Loree

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that! It's been so much fun to read this blog! Hope the Smokies are treating you well.

    - Catie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it has been so long between posts. I keep thinking that the towns I come through will have some sort of data signal or wifi. Oddly enough I often get better signal in the mountains, but don't have the battery power to submit posts and pictures from there. More to come tonight!

    ReplyDelete