Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 140. A fun zero with the family

Day 140. A fun zero with the family

Date: July 30, 2012

Day number: 140

Wake info: 0528h @ Will's Inn in , NH

Start Mile Marker (MM) & Time of Day (TOD): N/A

Pain scale AM (1-10): 2

Happiness scale AM (1-10): 12

Hunger scale AM (1-10): 3

Start weather: Sunny, warm, low 80s, mild breeze


End MM & TOD: N/A

Approximate miles covered today: 0 miles (but we canoed 6 miles today!)

Pain scale PM (1-10): 1

Happiness scale PM (1-10): 12

Hunger scale PM (1-10): 6

End weather: Sunny, warm, 70s, but it rained in the mid afternoon.


Resting time: 24 hours

Where slept: bed @ Will's Inn

Bedtime: 2345h

Money spent: $6.73 (Body Glide)

Resupply: yes. Kathleen brought food for 5 days. She also brought white gas for my stove, and my LAST PAIR OF BOOTS!


Trail conditions: N/A


Issues with Equipment and Clothing:


  • None.

Liters of water consumed: 5 Liters

Approx fuel burn time: 0 minutes

Number and location of showers: 0 (Again, the pool.)


Songs playing in my head:


  • none - too much visiting with the family!


Happenings at home: Home is here with me! Kathleen just learned that Archer can't come to the taping of Josie's cooking competition, do he will stay with the Harris family this weekend. I am feeling very guilty that I'm not home!


Companions (Assume thru-hikers unless noted SH for Section Hiker or DH for Day Hiker): Kathleen, Archer, & Josie!


Trail Magic: Being with my family! I am happy that they made the long drive just to be with me for a day!


Flora: A Christmas tree fir whose top looked like the Grinch's hair.


Fauna: Ducks and geese on the river. Chipmunks. Some nice birds.

 
Vistas: None.

 
Attractions: Canoeing the Saco River with Saco Bound livery.

  
State of body: Feeling great!


State of mind: Having a great day, but I'm not ready for the family to depart tomorrow. I'm so ready to be done and go home.


Notes:  


  • I spent a wonderful day with Kathleen and the kids canoeing and swimming in the the Saco River, swimming at the hotel pool, eating a huge and delicious meal at the xxx restaurant, laughing at a few episodes of Frasier, and watching some of the Olympic Games.
  • I'm sad to think that they well be going back home tomorrow, but I'm buoyed that I'll be home in a matter of just a few weeks.


Lessons learned/confirmed today:


  • none


Droid Phone Notes: I charged the iSound USB charger for hours at the hotel. I also charged my phone. (My external battery was already fully charged.)

 
Photos:

 Having issues loading photos! Sorry!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

1 comment:

  1. I'm up way to late reading your posts for days 128 - 140, but I can't stop! So good to catch up on your adventure. I can only imagine how it must have felt seeing your family.

    My whole family is rooting and praying for you to finish safely on Katahdin soon. Again, I can only imagine how that will feel.

    Take care, stay safe, and happy hiking! Hope to catch up with you someday.

    Jim I

    ReplyDelete